Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Currently Reading....


The LibraryThing Early Reviewer program has gifted me with my most prized new book. I cried actual tears of joy when I got the email telling me I was one of 30 out of 1508 who requested a copy. I cried again when I went to Amazon's page and heard John Irving himself read this excerpt:

We don't always have a choice how we get to know one another. Sometimes people fall into our lives cleanly - as if out of the sky, or as if there were a direct flight from heaven to earth -the same sudden way we lose people who once seemed they would always be part of our lives.

I cried a few more tears of joy when it arrived at my door three days later. Yes, I'm a bit moody lately. No excuses.

I've been holding out, waiting for a day when I have some uninterrupted time to read it. Today is the day. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I would cry too!!! He's one of my top five favorite authors, ever. One of my most prized possesions is my hardback of Garp. Jealous, jealous, jealous.

    ReplyDelete